If you must know, today will be the start of our 11-day-holiday here in Penang. Isn’t it sweet ? 😀
We’re on our days off beginning on the afternoon of Thursday, Sept 09 until Sunday, Sept 19. (Yahoooo! My birthday falls on a Saturday-holiday!) It’s because our Muslim friends will be celebrating the end of Ramadan, thus the festivities.
Some of my Filipino colleagues will be trooping back to Pinas to enjoy the long break but I decided to stay and explore more of Penang with some friends who chose to do the same and who knows, we might possibly go to KL again; we’ll see.
What to do on a long break? Here are my random ideas…
- I’ll pray and will give thanks to my Creator.
- Spend more time on Skype with Tina and Gabby 😀 *super like!*
- I’ll prepare and review my lecture series on Microbiology-Parasitology. I’m set to conduct it on our assigned classes on Monday 8AM, immediately after the holiday.
- Clean my room and bathroom.
- Soak myself relaxed on a long bath tub bath. *wow!*
- Do laundry and iron clothes. *Lord, give me the will!*
- Get enough sleep!
- Buy more stuffs to nibble!
- Try to cook or spruce up few dishes, so help me God! 🙂
- Explore Penang Island more! *hello, shopping gastos!*
- Try to go back to hawkers’ place in Gurney Drive. Enjoy street foods. In other words, eat, eat, and eat! LOL!
- Be more adventurous in tasting other Malaysian foods and gastronomic delights.
- Shall we go to Kuala Lumpur via train or bus? *do we still have the budget? can we resist shopping?*
- Go on board Superstar Pisces for an overnight cruise? *matuloy kaya kami?
My colleagues will agree that we’re all experiencing ANXIETIES in different levels ergo, we all need outlets to deviate those negative thoughts to either something productive or pleasurable.
To our Muslim bosses, colleagues and students, SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI.
To our non-Muslim fellows, ‘ika nga sa Plants vs Zombies, LET’S ROCK! 🙂 LOL!