If you’re a Kabayan resident of United Arab Emirates who wants to travel to Russia soon, here are some helpful tips and guide on how to apply for Russian Tourist Visa; the same steps I went through recently.
- Although it’s a fact that application for Russian Tourist Visa may be one of the tedious I experienced by far, do not be overwhelmed with the process.
- Prepare all requirements first before accomplishing the online Tourist Visa application form. Be ready with the following to be submitted to the Consulate of Russian Federation in Dubai, UAE :
Russian Tourist Visa Requirements
- Completed Application form downloaded from https://visa.kdmid.ru
- Accomplish it online and print it.
- Do not leave anything blank; type N/A instead.
- Prepare your passport, certificate of Travel Insurance with coverage to Russia (I availed my Travel Insurance with coverage worldwide except US and Canada, valid for 9 days from AXA. I paid 135 dirhams online as per November 2015 rates), Visa Voucher (this is different from hotel reservation; visa voucher may be purchase from travel agencies online from tourist companies approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation. I purchased mine online for USD 50 as of November 2015 rates ), and Hotel/Hostel/Accomodation in Russia.
- Original and valid passport with at least 2 clear pages for visa.
- Return tickets (Thank you to Air Arabia for sponsoring my tickets!).
- One passport photo that must be pasted on the visa application form. (Remember that the photo may not appear in the actual Russian Tourist Visa to be stamped on your passport however, rest assured that the photo submitted will appear on immigration officer’s monitor on the Russian borders).
- Photocopy of the main page of passport.
- Photocopy of the residence visa for non-UAE-citizen.
- How long must you wait after lodging the application?
- How much is the cost of Russian Tourist Visa for Philippine passport holders in UAE?
Russian Tourist Visa application takes 1 week or 5 business days (cost : 305 AED to be paid to the machine inside the consulate office. Remember to bring exact amount as the machine doesn’t provide change). Russian Tourist Visa may be issued on an urgent basis for 900+AED. These rates are as of November 2015.
Details of Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Dubai
- Dubai, Umm Al Sheif, 6B street, Villa 21 (You may take RTA Metro and alight at FGB Metro station. Exit towards Burj Al Arab; and you may either walk to 6B street towards your right for about 15 to 20 minutes, or take a taxi cab more conveniently).
- Working hours : Monday to Thursday from 10.00 to 13.30
Wednesday from 15.00 to 17.00 (citizenship issues only)
- E-mail: email@example.com
- website : www.dubai.mid.ru/en
Hope this helps. Good luck on your Russian Tourist Visa application and hope you enjoy your travel to Russia!