08 May 2013. Wednesday.
Beyond Toxicity @ docgelo.com officially turns 6 years old today!
*applause! applause! bow!*
I’m not throwing any blog contest or giveaways but simply celebrating it with sincerest gratitude to my few loyal readers particularly those who have been writing comments on my posts through the years unconditionally.
Thank you very much! Maraming salamat po! Terima Kasih! Xie xie!
Ushering this blog’s 7th year is a list of exciting BLESSINGS this May 2013 and more pleasant ones to come!
*drum roll, please!*
- Nomination in the 2013 Singapore Blog Awards in 4 blog categories (Best Lifestyle Blog, Best Individual Blog, Best Family Blog & Best Travel Blog). Thank you very much! List of finalists to be announced in mid-June. Awarding ceremony on July 6, 2013. At stake along with recognition, prizes and freebies is a fully sponsored trip to Northern Territories, Australia! I want to win! I want to win!!! However, as 30 % of the judging criteria will be coming from public votes, will you support and vote for my blog if and when it gets in the finalists’ list? *crossed fingers* 🙂
- Nomination in 2013 Tatt Awards, Globe Tattoo, Philippines (Best Photo Blog or Microblog). List of finalists to be announced mid-June. At stake is recognition and PhP 50,000 cash prize for the Regular Blog Category. Just like in 2013 Singapore Blog Awards, I’m very thankful for the nomination and I’m hoping for the best to be in the finalists’ roll. Once in, your votes will be needed for this blog to win. I want to win! I want to win!!! 🙂 But if it’s not for me, I’ll still take pride in being nominated this year. To God be the Glory!
- Invitation for Tina, Gabby and I to a sponsored 3D2N accomodation at one of the five 123sqm-Corner Suites at the newest Victory Annexe Wing of the luxury-5-star-hotel, E&O Hotel Penang for hotel review and blog feature, May 2013
- Invitation for Tina, Gabby and I to a sponsored dinner at 1885 fine dining restaurant in E&O Hotel Penang for restaurant review & blog feature, May 2013
- Invitation for Tina, Gabby and I to a sponsored 3D2N accomodation in Hotel Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen, Singaprore, May 2013
- Invitation for Tina, Gabby and I to a sponsored 2 day-access to theme parks of choice by iVenture Card, Singapore, May 2013
- Last year, one of my photos landed on the pages of Postcards on Lonely Planet Asia magazine…
- And for this year, the Associate Editor of Lonely Planet Asia emailed me recently that one of my photos of the Long Neck Women from Padaung Tribe in Myanmar who are currently refugees in Chiang Mai (blog post HERE!) will grace one of the Postcard pages of Lonely Planet Asia on its July/August issue. Big deal enough for the non-pro/amateur photo-enthusiast in me! 🙂
- And of course, I am still euphoric for winning the 2013 and 2012 Best Expat Blog Award from Ministry of Tourism Malaysia and all that happened concerning this blog last year (blog post HERE!)
Thank you so much to those people who are happy when we are happy!
My greatest appreciation goes out to those who nominated this site to those blog awards, to our few but very generous sponsors, to those who tirelessly recommend me and my family to our sponsors and of course, to those who continously express love and support, I cannot thank you enough. God bless all of us more! Mabuhay po kayo! Maraming salamat! 🙂
37 thoughts on “COUNTING BLESSINGS ON MY 6TH BLOGGING YEAR”
congratulations for all your achievements. may your inspiration to explore penang and its surroundings including the other asian countries continue to grow. may the downpour of blessings fail to cease. cheers! here’s to more exciting destinations and fantastic gastrojourneys.
wow! im speechless, maria. thank you soooo much!
Congrats Doc Gelo! 😀
maraming salamat, nina!
Happy Birthday sa blog mo, Doc! Congrats sa maraming achievements. Wish you more. You’re always inspiring kaya I’ll always be a fan.
All the best!
It’s always better to be inspiring than to be negative, lito!
thank you so much! 😀
well deserved and congrats to docgelo team! looking forward to more photoblogs on your 7th year! cheers! 🙂
maraming salamat, ms. elna!
belated blog anniversary to yours too! 🙂
Congratulations on your achievements and milestones of your blog. You get all those invitations for free? I should learn all those perks from blogging from you.
thank you, doc!
yes, i got those invitations for free and nominations came from fellow bloggers that made it sweeter!
may fans club? hahaha!
thank you, jun!
have fun in indonesia with your wife; extend my regards to gael and our fellow bloggers there!
I’m very proud of you doc!!! Congrats!!! I’m very happy for you, pakamay naman dyan hehehe, I want to meet you and need your autograph hehehe…..of course I will vote for you and support you in anyways!! Love your blog!! It inspires me to update my blog more often (but still can’t make it happen). And happy anniversary sa blog mo!! More power, more posts and more freebies to come.
hi missy/sards (although alam ko tunay mong name, ms. A) 🙂
napangiti mo na naman ako sa comment mo; iba ka talaga mag-post!
maraming salamat po!
seriously, this blog has been existing partly because i am also inspired by fellow bloggers and readers like you. you’re one of those who brightens my day whenever you drop by here. naks!
maraming salamat! may bago ba sa travelogue mo at sa hulascoop? macheck nga! 😀
PS : if my blog will be fortunate enough to pass the screening after the nomination process, public voting will be opened by mid june in both 2013 singapore blog awards and 2013 tatt awards (philippines). boto kayo ha! salamat! (claiming to be in the finalists’ list already, hahaha!)
doc I just followed you sa instagram hehehe, love your pics, grabe pro na talaga di ka na mareach hehehe
wait, hindi po ako iyong docgelo doon (naunahan ako!)
my instagram account is iamdocgelo 🙂
Congrats Doc! What can I say Happy Blogsary! For the nominations you have my votes all the way! 🙂
naks! feeling panalo na ako, hindi pa finalist dahil sa support from lamyerda.com! yeehaa! 😀
COngrats Doc. More power to you and you blog. Goodluck sa tattaward 🙂
marian, thank you for the nomination to tatt awards!
i was really amazed when i read the tweet of globe tattoo few days ago;
even more surprising when you told me that you were behind this, hahaha!
maraming salamat! naku, pakikampanya ako sakaling palarin! careerin na natin ito sakaling pumasok sa finalist *wishful thinking* 🙂
Happy Blogsarry, doc! You are truly blessed. 🙂
thank you, kat! as i always say, we’re all blessed in various ways! 🙂
you are such an inspiration doc gelo.please continue sharing wonderful photographs! u just make us realize all the more that this world is a beautiful place to live in, as evidenced by your blog:)
maraming salamat, nelson! i’ll take that as a compliment. 🙂
asahan ko suporta ng uae sakaling palarin uli sa mga nominations, hehehe!
You are one of my inspiration when it comes to blogging, travel and family.
Thank you for being a living proof that there’s more to life than work and our profession 🙂
Allied health professionals knows how to have fun and be merry 🙂
Congratulations and more power 🙂
hello rich, of course everyone, not only in the medical profession, needs and deserves to be happy all the time. receiving priceless comments such as your words fuel me to continue blogging. despite we don’t have everything, life has been good; we could live it even better! 🙂
Happy 6th Blogsarry Doc Gelo! Congratz and Hope to See you, Maam tina and Gabby at Georgetown Festival 🙂
thanks, joey! see you and krissy in george town on GTF2013 🙂
Happy blog-a-versary, doc!
thank you very much, midge! 🙂
Great accomplishments don’t come overnight. On your 6th year of blogging, I’m happy to hear about the blessings that came your way one after the other. Well deserved Doc Gelo! Keep ’em coming!
dennis, you’re one of those travel bloggers whom i look up to, actually on the top of my list;
and words coming from you are always flattering.
you are inspiring!
thank you! 🙂
very well-deserved docgelo 🙂 congrats and more to come!
thank you very much, sarah!
My sincerest congratulations doc gelo! I wish I had found your blog sooner but better late than never! Here’s lookin’ forward to a whole lot ,ore in the coming years. =>
thank you! 🙂