Before we honor moms tomorrow and cast our sacred votes on Monday as dutiful Filipinos, allow me to celebrate my blog anniversary today…
Believe me, I hate Math, but I honestly appreciate these numbers…
- >100,000 hits on my wordpress blog stat counter.
- 500 posts
- 4,573 comments
- 1 of the 8 nominees finalists in 2009 Philippine Blog Awards under Family and Living Category
(sana this year ulit!) 😀
- 3 years of blogging about FAMILY, FOOD and FUN!
My warmest THANK YOU to the following readers and blogger-friends who took time to join my little blog anniversary contest . I am ecstatic with YOUR ANSWERS ! Maraming Salamat po! (the order was based on the date of their participation).
- HalfCrazy of An Ardent Cosmic Journey
- Ewok1993 of Frankly My Dear
- Sheng of Anything Goes
- Josh / Shattershards of Organized Chaos
- KG of Ang Bahay ni Kumareng Grace
- Dyanie of Princess Dyanie
- Marian / Upto6only of Upto6only.com
- Joe Ann Agan of Stories & Photographs / My Frame of Life
- Jeanny of Startin’ A New Life
- Chyng of No Spam, No Virus, No Kiddin’ !
- Cza of Little Miss Wanderlust
- Rico of Buhay Bahay-Bahayan (Mga Kwento Ni Mister)
- Dennis of The Nomadic Pinoy
- Midge of Sybaritic Diversions
- Ann of Chic & Cheaps
- Dashashash of Pieces of A Wunderkind’s Mind
- Dyosa / B’ley of Blogalag
- Reena of Reena’s Thoughts
- Bing of Warmstone (chose not to join but thank you for taking time to answer).
Other than those names and blogs mentioned above, I’d also like to express my gratitude to the following bloggers and readers who have been tirelessly leaving comments on my posts not once, not twice but more that I lost count, LOL! Salamat! All of your comments never fail to inspire and amuse me.
- Annevdns (Anne, you’re my very first commenter when I started putting tags on my posts last year)
- Dennis Villegas,
- Doc RJ,
- Dong Ho / Dom ,
- Fine Life Folk / Karl,
- January / Elna,
- Meg Jones
- Mrs Lavendula / Doc Mitzi,
- Romel ,
- Sardonyx /Missy,
- Sidney Snoeck,
- Tutubi ,
- Z / The Babaylan / Doc Z
- and those 19 contest participants, THANK YOU!
*Please let me know if I missed to include your name/blog if you’ve been one of my frequent commenters. Maraming Salamat po!
I had fun going through all the entries but choosing the winner wasn’t easy. ALL ANSWERS are truly unique and fascinating! But like other contests, there’s always one on top. Because I value your comments, you know that there are NO losers here; however, there’s only one who can own those Tokyo chopsticks. And with this, I’d like to share the winner’s answers :
1. Usual family bonding is done on weekends, and they start with a hearty breakfast for the kids, some household chores done together, and in the extra time, we put banig sa sala, and play whatever card games we think of, mostly UNO Wild Cards, Uno Stack-O, Master Mind. Pag bored na, we get to insert some DVDs over the player and start tiring our eyes. Of course may meryenda, we are super mababaw ang ligaya so ok na kami sa nilagang saging, nilagang mais, buttered loaf breads, or at times may konting spaghetti or pancit canton being the family’s favorite. And we share the same interest naman kasi ng mga kids – BOOKS, so we crowd in a room and I read to my two kiddos.
2. If given the chance to eat my last favorite meal, it will be sweet and sour shrimps, crabs and pakbet. They are my super love. Ipagpapalit ko tong tatlong to sa kahit ano, wag lang sa pamilya ko. (LOL)
3.The best ang blog na to because it speaks of family, it tells experiences of a doc juggling a family and a life very much worth living. The food, the trips, the daily experiences, not to mention the no-holds barred rants about resto(s) and their kapalpakan. It also features whatever good is worth blogging. And what I love most in this blog is that, the love for family comes first. Gabby and Tina, congratulations for having Doc Gelo! And doc, happy blogoversary!
—SHENG of Anything Goes from General Santos City, Congratulations! (applause! applause!)
Once again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH to everyone who visits and reads this blog! Expect more interesting posts about FAMILY, FOOD and FUN in the coming years. God bless us all! 🙂