Are you like me who believe that the family who eats and prays together, stays together? 😀
No it isn’t Noche Buena yet but thankfully, my wife, Tina found time exactly a week ago to prepare a meal that Gabby and I love eating! Pasta! 😀 She made a little twist on the usual ingredients of carbonara. Instead of using the usual spaghetti or fettuccini, penne or linguini, she personally hand-picked a pack of pasta-shapes with spinach from the grocery shelf to make the dish more enticing for our kid; and unlike other version with bacon bits, she opted to incorporate Purefoods Fiesta ham. 😀 OK, I must admit; I made her used it, LOL. 😀 I like it and another brand of ham which I’ll try to feature before the holidays.
Should you be interested in trying Tina’s recipe, here are the ingredients : San Remo Vegeroni Pasta Shapes, Sabroso Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Alaska All Purpose Cream, Jolly Button Mushroom, Carnation Evaporated Milk, Gold Medal All Purpose Flour, Kraft Eden Melt-Sarap Cheese, Anchor Family Spread Butter (our favorite!), carrots, bell peppers, salt and pepper to taste and the so-called star of Noche Buena – Purefoods Fiesta Ham! 😀
Look at those pasta! 😀
1. Boil pasta to al dente; within 9 — 10 minutes; add a few drops of olive oil, a pinch of salt, and a teaspoon of butter. Drain the pasta and set aside.
2. Cut the carrots and bell peppers into small cubes; do the same with the button mushrooms; set aside.
3. Slice Purefoods Fiesta Ham and cut into cubes. Fry until golden brown; set aside.
4. For the carbonara sauce : Melt 2/3 Anchor butter. Add and mix 2 – 3 tetra packs of Alaska All-Purpose Cream with 2 cans of Carnation Evaporated Milk in a sauce pan. Grate Kraft Eden Melt Sarap Cheese and add it to the mixture. Save some grated cheese for toppings. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring into a boil with constant stirring. Add remaining ingredients (mushroom, carrots, bell peppers) and simmer for 2 — 3 minutes.
5. Pour a fraction of the sauce over cooked pasta on a plate and top it with ham and grated cheese.
6. Serve with a smile and with all your heart, naks! 😀
Actually, Tina’s secret ingredient was the fun bonding moments she had with Gabby while cooking. And my participation? I’m their food tester taster, LOL 😀
😀 What’s your favorite home-cooked meal ?